Ok, so I needed an excuse to try out a new Greek yogurt bread. What better excuse than Mother’s Day breakfast? I tried out a recipe from No Sugar Sweet Life for Greek Yogurt Apple Cinnamon Bread. It was delicious!
I prepared the bread the night before, so my dad and I could pop it in the oven and it would bake while we were out for a run and be ready upon our return! Preparation was super easy.
Some slicing and dicing…
Ready for the fridge!
The batter was really thick, so I decided to add more Apple Cinnamon applesauce. The bread turned out very dense and the inside texture wasn’t quite bread-like. Note to self: baking is NOT like cooking, and measurements must be precise. Regardless, we all loved the bread and agreed there wasn’t even a need for a topping like butter or peanut butter!
The finished product:
Realize, some of the best-tasting foods look a little funky. I’m not afraid to go for it!
Greek Yogurt Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 container Chobani cinnamon apple yogurt
- 3.2 cinnamon applesauce pouch
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 diced apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
- Microwave diced apples to soften.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, Greek yogurt, milk, applesauce, and apples.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Loving the alternative uses for Greek yogurt!!