Again, another creative title! What better way to start Tuesday than discuss what I’m listening to. Music is a huge part of my life. Songs have the ability to lift my spirits, sadden me, and bring back great memories. So, Tuesdays are dedicated to the latest music. I’m no expert, it will just be focused on what I’m liking!
1. Maroon 5’s new album, Overexposed. I’ve been a closet fan of Maroon 5 ever since ‘She Will Be Loved.’ I must have watched that music video a million times. They haven’t come our with much new stuff lately, likely due to Adam Levine’s stint on The Voice. My favorite songs from the album include (in no particular order): “Wipe Your Eyes,” “One More Night,” and “Lucky Strike.” I watched them perform on the Today show last week and it made me like them even more.
Awesome album cover art, huh?
2. Rita Ora’s “How We Do.” I know Carly Rae Jepsen’s single “Call Me Maybe” is supposed to be the song of the summer, but this one is a close second. And slightly less played.
3. Kenny Chesney’s “Come Over.” I have never really been a huge country fan, but I do have a few groups that I listen to and keep up with. I find myself listening to a lot more country in the summer. There’s just something about the two that work together so well! I would say I listen to country year-round, but I’m not even sure whether or not Taylor Swift is considered country anymore?
4. Supercharged throwbacks. I love when artists re-do old favorites. My current obsession is Jack Johnson’s “Better Together” live with Paula Fuga. It’s such a relaxing, summer-y song.
5. The Black Keys. Namely, “Gold on the Ceiling.” It’s such a funky song, and it puts me in a great mood.
6. I’ve been on an Indie kick; and ever since getting Starbucks’ free song of the week a couple weeks ago (Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes’ “Man on Fire”) I’ve been really liking that album. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes sing “Home.” Remember the viral celebrity dad and daughter duo who performed a cover of it?