Jersey Shore Weekend pt. 2

Since it’s humanly impossible for me to sleep in, I was up bright and early this morning. There’s something about waking up knowing you’re on vacation that’s so relaxing, even if you wanted to sleep in. Granted, my time in Point Pleasant was short. I’m sure that if I had been there longer, I would have developed a new beach-y schedule that included some sort of sleeping in.

While I waited for everyone to wake up, I took a pretty picture of the sunrise on the boardwalk. I also spent some time reading my book. As per Vivi’s request, I was in her room promptly at 9:01 to wake her up. I was excited for her to wake up; since last night, we passed Rock’n Joe, a coffee shop in Point Pleasant. We immediately decided to go there in the morning. It was so worth it!

The emptiest you’ll ever see Point Pleasant. In New Jersey, you have to pay to get on the beaches. I guess the beach was technically “closed” at this hour of the morning.

Vivi said the place had been redecorated since the last time she had been there. It was very Rolling Stone-esque, guitars and records on the walls, and comfy couches lined the walls. Not to mention, the coffee was pretty great. There were so many flavors to choose from! Since I’m currently in the midst of a coconut obsession, I ordered a large coconut iced coffee with almond milk. I drank the entire thing, very slowly so I could savor it. Viv went with the pumpkin and she loved it, too.

We got back to the house, hung out for a bit, then were headed to the beach! It was a perfect beach day: 80 and sunny with a light beach breeze. Unfortunately, the water was too rough for us to swim, so we were stuck in the sand. We quickly learned that could get pretty boring, but stayed out for a good couple of hours before grabbing a quick lunch at the house.

I got some good reading and napping in (and a pretty solid sunburn on the back of my legs).

At around 3:30, we headed back in so I could shower up and head home. I didn’t want to drive back in the dark, so I thought it best to leave around 4. My trip was so short, but a lot of fun. It felt so good to be reunited with such a good friend and her family. We definitely have to work on planning trips in advance, though. Whenever we say goodbye, we have no idea when we’re going to see each other again. We’re hoping this fall!

My trip back was relatively uneventful. There was a little bit of congestion, but nothing too bad. I made it back in just about the same amount of time it took me to get there, so I was happy about that. Back to work!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s