Happy Tuesday! I started off this morning with a quick run and elliptical training. Still in recovery mode. I also put on some more BioFreeze…let’s just say my legs are absolutely freezing at the moment! Hot coffee is helping…I’m trying a new caramel vanilla cream k-cup today, it’s pretty good. Anyway…I’ll get on to ten things that have me thinking today.
1. Taylor Swift released yet another single off her album today! It’s definitely not my favorite, but it’s getting me hyped for the album release on October 22!
I keep trying to post the video, but I’m failing. Just listen to it!
2. When I’m at the gym, I usually listen to my favorite radio station from home, The Kane Show, on iheartradio. This morning, they were talking about a REAL first-world problem. Starbucks around the country are running out of pumpkin spice syrup, and may be out before the end of the season! At first, I was really bummed to hear this. Then, they went on to discuss how crazy it is that this is a national headline. #firstworldproblems
3. It is nearly impossible for me to use a cigarette lighter. All I want to do is light my pumpkin candles, and every time, I burn my thumb.
4. I really need to start breaking into my many cans of puree pumpkin. I’m thinking some pumpkin oatmeal and green pumpkin smoothies are in my future?
I really know how to make food look appetizing, eh? Trust me, it was delicious.
Green Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- pumpkin pie spice
Topped with almond butter, cereal, whatever you like!
5. Hulu having Saturday night live is the greatest. It definitely kept me from studying for an exam I have on Wednesday yesterday. The presidential debate bash was hilarious.
6. The amount of Stickie notes I have on my laptop desktop right now is ridiculous. It’s stressing me out to look at them.
7. I found this picture on Meghann’s blog the other day. It’s so true. I think I do laundry more than any other college student, and the majority of my clothing is sweaty workout gear.
8. My sister and I are thinking about running the Disney World Princess half marathon this winter! It will be her first. We love Disney World, it’s definitely our favorite family vacation spot. That being said, this race is right up our alley. I’m thinking I’d dress like Belle, and she’d be Sleeping Beauty, no doubt.
9. Speaking of my family, they’re coming this weekend for homecoming weekend! Yay! I can’t wait to see them.
10. I feel like this quote is perfect for me this week, I’ve got a busy week ahead with schoolwork and whatnot. I’m a firm believer in the power of a positive attitude, so I vow now to get everything done and do it well!
As a fun twist on what The Kane Show did this morning, let’s all be a bit snobby and think of some first world problems. My favorite from the show is when you think you’re watching something on DVR, try to fast forward, and realize you’re watching live TV. Ugh, how lazy have we gotten?
With that, have a great Tuesday!