Hello, hello fellow bloggers! It’s Friday! Anyone got any crazy plans for the weekend? I don’t know about you but I’m definitely looking forward to gaining that extra hour of sleep this weekend. Love how we fall back. I’m not really sure if any of these are valid “facts” but we’ll roll with it.
My morning started off with another treadmill interval run. I considered running outside, but it’s still a little chilly out and I didn’t want to push my cold. Thankfully, I’ve been feeling a lot better. Plus, treadmill running allows me to completely zone out and watch the Today show.
That reminds me, this morning they were discussing the fact that NYC is still planning to hold the NYC Marathon this Sunday. Despite the circumstances, I think it will still be a great event to bring the city together after such devastation. I understand the opposing arguments, but the marathon is such a great way to not only bring the country, but the world together. And what better way to do so than through running? Ha, ha.
1. I discovered you can put pretty much anything in a Crock Pot and have it be a success. As you know, I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather lately. I’ve been taking TONS of cold medicine, and am now just dealing with some minor chest congestion and a very runny nose. As a result, I decided I was definitely going to make soup for dinner. I threw a bunch of random stuff in the Crock Pot yesterday morning, and this is what came out!
pretty good, huh? I was trying to make some sort of White Bean Chicken chili, but ended up just adding a bunch of random veggies. In the pot:
- 2 chicken breasts
- chicken broth (I eye-balled it…maybe 3 or 4 cups?)
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped and seeded jalapeno
- 1/4 chopped white onion
- 1 can white beans
- a bunch of chopped carrots
- salt, pepper, chopped red pepper flakes, some leftover chili seasoning
Yeah , it was pretty random, but it hit the spot. oh, and my roommate wanted me to take a picture of her dinner last night. She’s so funny. She always eats the food I made too, gotta love her for that!
2. Starbucks unveiled their signature red holiday cups! Yesterday after class, one of my sorority sisters and I hit up Starbucks and were lovin’ the festive cups. They even have little snowmen on them!
3. I voted for the first time yesterday! It was via an absentee ballot, so unfortunately I don’t get to sport a “I Voted” sticker all day, but at least I completed my citizen-ly duties! (Yes- I did update myself on more current election goings-ons…and it wasn’t just SNL this time)
4. I got a package from my parents yesterday. I asked them to send me a movie so I could use it as some evidence for an English essay I’m writing. I love when my classes and personal life collide – nerd alert! That’s not the fact, though. I also got a pay check for attending training for a job I didn’t end up working at this semester due to lack of time. I am SO not complaining about that.
5. I made my own version of a pumpkin spice latte using this recipe for a pumpkin spice “steamer.” It was delicious, and prompted me to buy yet ANOTHER can of pumpkin. I’ll be oh so sad when I have to retire the pumpkin…will I ever tire of it?
6. It’s totally not a big deal that my mom and I were matching on Halloween. We have a tendency to be far too similar in every way. Freaky, huh? oh, yeah. We text daily…it’s actually an off-day when we don’t talk.
7. My little sister is turning 18 next week…that’s so crazy. And it’s definitely got me thinking about what to send her…
i think I’ll cut myself off now before I start rambling. 7 has always been my lucky number! Hope you have a great weekend, I’ll be back Monday!
What do you think? Is it a good idea to still hold the marathon?