Good morning! It’s amazing what an extra hour of sleep can do. I woke up early, and it was actually bright as I headed to the gym this morning. I stepped back a bit and just did 6.5 miles, after realizing my mileage was a bit high last week. Still felt really great.
I’m ready for another Marvelous in my Monday post, thanks to Katie at Healthy Diva Eats. Such a great way to remember what we’re thankful for! My MIMM is all about simplicity this week.
1. Sleeping in. Both days this weekend, I slept in (ok, I know 9 isn’t sleeping in for most, but it’s a start!). I spent the morning watching TV and eating a relaxing breakfast. I went and worked out when I felt like it, and it was great. It’s amazing how little changes can change the day. I was so productive and felt way more rested. It’ll be back to the daily grind this week, but I can get used to that new weekend routine!
2. Talking to my mom on the phone for an hour yesterday. I’ve been driving myself nuts over some life decisions lately…I definitely take myself way to seriously. She reminded me to just sit back, enjoy life, and realize that everything happens for a reason. It sounds so cliche, but I really believe that every thing has a purpose. We all deal with disappointment, it’s all about how we react to it. There’s a point where we have to realize that certain situations are out of our control!
3. The fact that my roommate just let me know she ordered four Yankee Candles this weekend. Our house is going to smell like Christmas in no time! We’ve almost burned all the way through our fall ones.
4. Nashville. Has anyone else watched this show?! I caught up on all the latest episodes on Hulu this weekend and I am obsessed. I’m so happy to have found a new show! I didn’t expect to like it, but I’m hooked.
Umm yeah…this is pretty much how I felt.
5. Getting ahead on an essay due in 2+ weeks. The way I see it; if my other classes are on off-weeks, I can get ahead in other classes! Writing essays is one of my favorite things to do, it’s always come pretty easily to me. Sometime this week, I’ll hang out in Starbucks for a couple hours and whip out the essay.
6. Signing up for a 10k race with my friend from high school. It’s in two Saturdays (the 17th). I’m excited to be doing a shorter race. I’ve actually never done the 10k distance, so it’ll be fun. We’ve also got a family Turkey Trot 5k on the books for Thanksgiving day. Can’t get enough of racing!
7. The fact marathoners helped Sandy victims in New York. Although initially upset with the cancellation of the marathon, I’m really glad that the decision was made. It’s a huge bummer for those who traveled, no doubt. But, I think this is one of those times where the situation was out of their control. It’s a perfect example of making the best of a not-so-good situation!
And there’s lucky number 7 for you. I think there’s something little we can all be thankful for every day.
Speaking of…I want to thank Jessie for writing such a great post this past Saturday. If you haven’t read it, I suggest checking it out. I think a lot of us get caught up in keeping to strict diets and being “healthy” (NOT thanks to Pinterest) and forget that healthy encompasses not only our physical aspects, but our emotional aspects as well.
Hope you have a great Monday – real pictures will return tomorrow! I used up all my fun pictures for weekend snapshots. Oh well, what can you do?