Hmm…I had this all set up to post and for some reason part of it got deleted. Weird. Anyway, I’m adding my own random thoughts AND linking up with Jessie today. I couldn’t miss the link up, and I have a bunch of random stuff to say.
1. First up, I want to wish my little sister, Amanda a VERY happy 18th birthday. I’m so bummed I have to miss it. I know it seems like everyone says this about their siblings, but Amanda really is the best. For the longest time, I felt like we had absolutely nothing in common and we fought constantly. I’m slowly coming to realize that we have way more in common than I thought, and I love that. My sister is my best friend forever, and I can’t wait to Snap chat with her later, as we always do!
2. I found this article yesterday about Starbucks’ charging tables. Starbucks unveiled the new tables in Boston stores yesterday, and they are supposed to come to D.C. soon. I, personally, am far too excited about this. I’m usually pretty lucky when it comes to finding a plug at Starbucks and should probably consider buying real estate there. I think these tables would b
3. I dug my Kindle out of hiding so I could have it for Thanksgiving and winter break…so now I need some new books to read. I’ve read both Katie’s and Julie’s reviews of Gillian Flynn novels, and may consider a few of those. I’ve also read Emma Donoghue’s book Room, and was thinking about reading her newest, Astray.
4. I read this article that Anne tweeted yesterday. I found it interesting; I know quite a few people who are going on “raw food” or “paleo” diets simply to lose weight, without actually reading up on them. I don’t think I could ever ditch carbs or grains, but I’m considering buying a Paleo recipe book just to make the recipes for fun! I can’t help it, I always give in to trends.
5. I am so thankful for my warm socks and scarves. I know it sounds dumb, but after a long day, there’s nothing better than cuddling up on the couch with comfy socks and a blanket. Sometimes, I forget that there are people in both this country and the world who don’t have that luxury. It’s the little things, people!
6. I made the most PERFECT Two-Ingredient Pancake from Tina’s recipe. I followed all her rules, except I subbed coconut oil for olive oil…so good! Basically, I smushed a banana (in the peel) and mixed it with 1 egg and 4 tablespoons of egg whites in a coffee mug. I also added a bunch of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. I cooked it on medium heat until the edges were brown and bubbly. It flipped perfectly! Obviously, I topped it with peanut butter…there’s no avoiding that.
7. Anddd for lucky number 7, I am SO thankful I’ve been sleeping so well lately. I often have trouble sleeping through the night; but I’m happy to say that I’ve slept like a baby all week! I’m not sure what it is….great workouts? Busy days? A combination of the two? Whatever it is, I hope it continues.
That’s all I have for today! Have a great Thursday!