Okay, I’m going for short and sweet today. I’m going to be a copy cat and follow in Lindsay’s footsteps with her “Five For Friday” deal. A bunch of homework snuck up on me, and it’s already super hard to focus as Thanksgiving gets closer! Soo here we go.
1. Here is one of the main reasons I haven’t been able to focus. While doing homework yesterday, I thought it was a good idea to listen to some Christmas music. Why? I don’t know. This is my all-time favorite Christmas song, sung by Michael Buble. I think I listened to it the entire time on repeat as I did my history reading yesterday.
Michael Buble has an absolutely beautiful voice.
2. I found this article yesterday and just kept nodding my head. I agree with all of them! I also wonder if the baristas have begun to recognize my drink order and I yet. I’d be very surprised if they didn’t. For some reason, the fact they may recognize me really embarrasses me, so I’ll switch up my drink every now and then to try and trick them. A disguise may work better?
3. I’ve learned you can pretty much put anything on Naan bread, tortillas, English muffins, Flatouts, sliced bread, and call it pizza. A couple nights ago, I sauteed some spinach, onion, mushroom, and a chicken sausage and put it on top Naan bread with garlic hummus. I popped it in the oven to bake at 400 for about 10 minutes, and it was delicious. I definitely want to try a fruit and cheese combination in the near future.
Obviously, I put nutritional yeast on it.
4. SnapChat is my new favorite form of communication with long distance friends and family. Who needs texting when you can talk back and forth with pictures? I sent my little sister and far-away friend this picture of me guzzling my coffee in Starbucks yesterday. Ugh, maybe it’s time to eliminate distractions when trying to work?
I wonder what my other friends at Starbucks were thinking of me? I was sitting at one of those big group tables, too. Haha.
5. Look what came in the mail today! My roommates and I are obsessed with candles. One of my roommates scored the motherlode of all deals on the Yankee Candle website. I think it’s safe to say we’re set for a while.
Okay, now ‘Let It Snow’ is playing. I really should turn it off if I want to get anything done today. I’m off to breakfast with some of my sorority sisters before class. Hope you have a great weekend!
I bought this the other day…and am completely addicted.
What’s your favorite Christmas song? How do you eliminate distractions?