First off, I can’t believe it’s finally Thursday. The day I’ve been waiting for. Today, at 10:45 A.M. I am officially on Thanksgiving break (I wrote this post on Wednesday…so here’s to hoping I didn’t jinx anything!). I’ve got a fun afternoon planned of random erranding, packing, and race prep! Woo! On to my random thoughts for today…
While studying for my Public Relations exam, I found an interesting stat: 57% of people today talk more online than they do in real life. What do you think about that, my fellow bloggers? I’m generally a quiet person, but you can definitely get me talking. While I spend a large amount online corresponding back and forth with fellow bloggers, I still consider this conversation and socializing. Sure, it’s not socializing in the traditional sense, but I think that’s where our society is moving thanks to modern technology. That’s not to say that face-to-face communication isn’t important…it definitely is. There’s nothing better than catching up with someone over coffee, a meal, or just as you’re walking to class. Constant communication through texting, Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail is just a way of life now. They’re hardly supplements for face-to-face communication, though.
I’ve made an important decision for myself. Yesterday, I was planning to go out for another long run, when I realized I just wasn’t feeling it. I think for so long, I was caught up in constantly doing long, tempo runs as part of my half marathon training. However, I’m not training for a half at the moment, so there’s no need to rack up crazy mileage if I just don’t want to. For now, I’ll keep my mileage anywhere between 40-50 miles per week, and won’t get upset if I don’t achieve a certain mileage. I want to focus my workouts more on speed and strength, like I’ve said before. It’s totally a mental thing, but I think it’s good to get out.
On a far less serious note, yesterday I made apple pie oats and they were so good. I’ve been so tentative to try apples in my oatmeal (mostly because I’m so partial to having bananas with breakfast…so Type-A), but I have a bunch of Honey crisp apples to use up before I leave, so I gave it a go.
I combined 1/3 cup oats, 3/4 water, almost a full chopped apple, and a ton of cinnamon. I topped them with peanut butter and poured a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk in. They were so good.
And now, I’m linking up with Jessie for Thankful Thursday! And so soon to Thanksgiving, too.
- I’m thankful my mom picked up the phone Tuesday night when I called her completely overwhelmed. She reminded me to take everything one step at a time, and not look at EVERYTHING I have to do at once. It totally helped.
- I’m thankful I’ll be home on Saturday. I need it!
- Last but not least, I’m thankful Starbucks has already put up all their Christmas decorations. It makes studying in there a bit more cheerful.
- Back to my previous thought, I am so thankful for all the fellow bloggers I communicate with daily. I think the blogosphere offers a totally new insight into people’s lives, and introduces me to people I may never have known before.
- Umm and can we all agree that we’re thankful Channing Tatum is People’s Sexiest Man of the Year? I think so.
yep, you’re welcome.
That’s all I have for today! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!