Hello! This morning is exciting for a couple reasons. The first is thanks to Jessie! She introduced me to “blends.” The original title of this post was “I love my blog friends.” Yay for abbreviations! Second, Yesterday, Sarah nominated me for a fun blogging award: the Liebster Award. Love her!
Here’s how it goes:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
- I’ve lived in three different states, (Illinois, New Jersey, and Virginia) attended 3 elementary schools, 1 middle school, and 1 high school.
- My best friend (from New Jersey) and I didn’t become best friends until AFTER I moved away. We Snapchat/text 24/7.
- It’s become apparent to me that I need coffee to function. Caffeine isn’t the worst thing to be addicted to, but it’s an addiction all the same.
- I have a nervous habit of biting my lip. I go through Chapstick like it’s nobody’s business.
- I can’t enter Target without purchasing something. ANYTHING.
- I don’t take the tags off of new clothing until I decide to wear it. That being said, I usually wait a week to wear new clothes. No clue why.
- Despite my OCD-like organization tendencies, my closet, drawers, and area underneath my bed is a mess. If you can’t see it, it doesn’t exist.
- I don’t like ketchup or frosting. The smell of ketchup actually grosses me out.
- My dad is the one who inspired me to run. He’s a four-time half marathoner and a Chicago marathon finisher. Without him, this blog would just be called “….onjava”
10. For years, I insisted on dressing up as a lion for Halloween. It’s pretty ironic to look back on it now, since my sorority’s mascot is the lion. We call him Alphie.
My mom and I are sorority sisters – this is an Alphie ornament she received as a gift from HER big.
11. The only time I have ever been in trouble at school was when I got caught throwing rocks through the chain link fence at my elementary school in Chicago. We wanted to see how far they would go. I blame peer pressure.
Now for Sarah’s questions:
1. Would you rather spend your money on food or clothes? Technically, I don’t buy my own food right now. If I were spending my own money, I would obviously rather spend it on food.
2. What’s your favorite holiday cookie? My family makes Rice Krispie shaped wreaths with green food dye. I also love almond crescents – both family recipes.
3. When you’re angry or upset, how do you calm yourself down? Find a good book or trashy magazine to read. I’d rather focus on other peoples’ problems.
4. Do you have a favorite restaurant? Chipotle is the restaurant of choice.
5. With foods that you don’t like, is it a texture thing or taste? Taste. Texture doesn’t scare me!
6. How many alarms do you set to wake up? A lot. Even though I always wake up on the first one. I set these even when I don’t need them so I can stay on some sort of schedule.
7. Is your house/apartment/room clean or messy? My room is pretty spotless. My apartment on the other hand, not so much.
8. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, specifically dark.
9. When’s the last time you talk to your best friend? We’re snap chatting right now.
10. Do you like prefer flying or driving? Flying. Airports are lots of fun.
11. How many cups of coffee/tea do you drink in a day? I limit myself to 1-2 cups a day. P.S. I went through A TON of pictures of my Starbucks cups to find one. It’s come to my attention that this many pictures of Starbucks cups is unnecessary.
Okay, here are my questions for my nominees.
- If you weren’t where you are right now, where would you be?
- What is your favorite scent?
- Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks?
- What’s one thing you can’t go a day without?
- What time do you typically wake up/go to bed?
- What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
- Favorite season/why?
- Who are you dying to meet?
- If money was no object, where would you travel?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s next on your “to-do” list for today?
Alright…now for my nominees!
Have fun and I love you all! I’m off to yoga this morning 🙂
Hope you have a great Tuesday!